Call for Research Paper Submissions
1. Call for Submissions
Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia and the University of the Future Network invite local and international researchers to submit projects for which they have obtained results related to three main conference topics. The call for submissions will be open August 4 through 31 until 5 PM, Colombian time (GMT-5). 3 or 4 proposals will be selected for each one of the three topics below. The chosen proposals will be presented on November 16, 2017 in Bogotá.
2. Important Dates
3. Conference Topics
Submitted proposals must address the following three topics (further described in the conference topics tab):
- The university facing the use of digital technology in education
- The place of research in the university of the future
- The university facing equality and inclusion challenges
Abstracts will be uploaded to the EasyChair platform. Download the instructions to register and submit your proposal.
- Abstracts must include: title, profile, analytic abstract (150–200 words) and keywords (4–6) Download Instructions
- Abstracts can be sent in Spanish or English
- Proposal submissions are due August 31, 2017
- Notifications of acceptance or rejection will be sent on September 21, 2017.
- University of the Future Network sits as the event’s Scientific Committee.
- The proposals must meet the guidelines described above.
- Each person can be the main author of only one proposal.
- Authors of accepted proposals will be certified as event speakers.
For inquiries contact:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Four papers addressing each one of the conference topics will be presented simultaneously in separate rooms
- Time allowed for each paper: 15 minutes
- Questions: 5 minutes
- You must have visual support prepared for your presentation (PowerPoint, Prezi, video, animation, etc.)
- You are required to send the visual support that you will be using by October 15 to:email@example.com.
If your proposal is accepted by the Scientific Committee you will be required to send the full paper, which will be included in the Conference Proceedings, as part of the University’s Actas collection. Full papers will be uploaded to EasyChair.
Full paper guidelines:
- The document must comply with editorial conventions described in our editorial house’s “Avances de la Investigación” guidelines. Download our “Avances de la Investigación” guidelines.
- Once you have submitted the full paper, attach a signed publishing license and the Author and Group Information Sheet.
- The document must be submitted in Microsoft Word.
- The paper must be less than 20,000 words long (including references and annexes)
- The authors of each paper must match those registered in the approved proposal.
- Acting as the Scientific Committee, the University of the Future Network will evaluate final papers
- Notifications of acceptance or rejection will be sent on October 31, 2017.
- For inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The publications will be produced by Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia’s editorial house “Ediciones UCC“.
The following publications will result from the congress:
- Compilation of abstracts of works selected to be presented at the congress. The compilation will be published in the form of a printed booklet delivered to the attendees at the beginning of the congress. It will also be made available online, in open access, at the University’s Open Journal Systems platform and assigned a DOI, which will give access to its metadata and download link
- Conference Proceedings containing the final papers as part of the University’s editorial house’s Actas collection. The book will be published online, with open access through the Open Monograph Press university platform. It will be identified with the ISBN of the collection and a DOI leading to its metadata and download link. The conference Proceedings will be submitted to the Conference Proceedings Citation Index of Web of Science, a prestigious international index which already includes other publications from our editorial.
Note: the abstracts, as well as the full papers, will be published with a publication license that the author will assign to the University editorial house (download here). This license must be attached at the moment of submission. Papers approved to be published will be edited in open access and protected by a Creative Commons Attribution (non-commercial) License with no derivatives.
Lastly, if the event’s Scientific Committee considers it viable, authors of outstanding work presented during the congress will be invited to submit an expanded version of their papers as chapters of a research book to be published in the form of a collaboration and edited by the University’s editorial house
As a research publication this book will be submitted to the Web of Science Book Citation Index, a prestigious international index which already includes other publications from our editorial house